Monday, April 22, 2013
Flower Beauty BB Cream in BB2.
Good foundation match for NC30 skintones.
Definitely great for more yellow complexions.
Retails for $12.98 only at Walmart Stores on online [here]
I saw this product at Walmart months ago but didn't pay any attention to it. I've seen so many good reviews, so I obviously had to try it. As a first impression, I must say this is a perfect match. I really wanted a good BB because I am always in a rush in the morning to get ready. This is a good product for me to use on a daily basis. I used to wear L'Oreal True Match Foundation on a daily basis and it wasn't too good for my skin. I think this will be a better alternative. What I love about this BB cream is that it doesn't have SPF. I really dislike foundations with SPF because I really don't appreciate the white cast that SPF gives my face in photos.
I will update as soon as I use it longer.
I really really was impressed by this product. I think it is a closer match for NC30 skintones and may be a little light for NC35 skintones. The one gripe that I have about this product is that it completely comes off of my nose. Weird, right? I've never had this problem before. After a few hours, I start to notice that the BB cream is almost completely off of the tip of my nose. So ugly. It definitely isn't long wearing. It will last at max about 6 hours for me. I find this strange because I have a dry skin type. I will continue to use this until it runs out but I'm not sure if I will repurchase. L'Oreal True Match in W4 is still my favorite for a daily foundation.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Target Xhilaration Kasha. Black. 5.5
So comfortable! Beyond comfortable. I ordered these online. These sneaker wedges (along with many others) have been inspired by Isabel Marant.
As soon as I got these in the mail, I had to put them on. I was so excited to get them. They are so comfortable and I can wear this with almost anything. The smell of the shoe better go away though. It smells like bad leather. I'm not really sure how else to describe it. Other than the smell, I do love these shoes.
Friday, April 12, 2013
MARC by MARC JACOBS Classic Q Hillier Hobo
Purchased at Bloomingdales
Retails for $425
I've wanted this bag for years. Literally years but never bought it. I have the Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Little Ukita. I originally wanted the Hillier Hobo but decided on the Ukita instead. Not really sure why. It's been two years since I purchased the Ukita and I just wanted another Marc by Marc Jacobs bag. Love this one. It's much bigger and can fit so much more.
Marc by Marc Jacobs is one of my favorite designers. I love whatever he puts out but I just stick to his classics. I know I'll be using this for years and I'll still love it. I love my Ukita very much but had to give it a break. I literally used it almost every day.
The hillier hobo is quite big. Can't imagine how huge the next size up would be. I'm 5'3 and 110 lbs. This size suits me well.
|Love the bright pink mailer!|
|This was a perfect way to brighten my Friday afternoon. Seeing this bright pink envelope in my mailbox was a sight for sore eyes.|
|It came with this card inviting me to some event in LA. Wish I was in back in California for sure.|
|Four items in the Ipsy bag this month.|
|Nail polish by Sation. Never heard of this brand before.|
|Healthy Sexy Hair Argon Oil - Soy Renewal|
|be a bombshell blush in beach please.|
|bright pink but shows up more sheer|
|MICA Beauty Cosmetics|
|Eyeshade pigment. Definitely not going to use this because I don't wear eyeshadow but it's still pretty.|
|The items were in this bag pictured above.|
|Cute makeup bag. Most likely going to use it for something else other than carrying makeup.|
I got suckered into getting the Ipsy subscription created by Michelle Phan on YouTube. After watching Kandee Johnson's video for February's glam bag I had to try it. $10 for 4-5 samples? Not that bad. Last month, I subscribed. At the first of each month, they deduct $10 from your bank account. I received my Ipsy bag today, April 12, 2013. I was super excited to see the bright pink mailer they send it in! I must say, I am a sucker for packaging. Literally. Mailing packaging. See my Aritzia post to see what I mean about my love for packaging LOL
Anyways, the April Ipsy bag isn't too shabby. It came with a blush, nail polish, argon oil (super excited about this because I have super dry hair!), and a mica eyeshadow pigment.
I haven't tried these items yet but I do look forward to using them.
I hear a lot of people complain about how awful this subscription bag is but I can't complain. It was $10 for items I can try. I have enough makeup bags but I know I can use this for something. I'll probably use it to keep my electronic cords in my purse.
What do you all think about the Ipsy bag? I'd love to know.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
These are my go to products if I want a good lookin' face. I finally found products that I can use for those days or nights when I know I'm going to be photographed. Along with the products pictured, I rock Ardell 110 or Ardell 131 false eyelashes.
1. NARS Pro Prime Face Primer
2. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Stromboli (Good match for NC30/35 Skintones from MAC)
3. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW25
4. MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus for a setting powder
5. Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
6. L'Oreal Eyeliner in Carbon Black (bottom eyeliner)
7. MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (top eyeliner)
8. L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara
9. NARS Bronzer in Casino
10. Carmex - my favorite lip balm. it's the only one that works for me.
I really wish I had photoshop to number the items but I think you can see what is what. I love all of these products. I usually wear the products above for special occasions. I recently worse these items when I was in a wedding. I finally found products that I know work best for me. NARS Sheer Glow is the best foundation I have ever used. See review [here]. It is really yellow based, which works great for my complexion. NARS prime-pro makes my foundation last all day and works great with the Sheer Glow foundation. MAC's MSF Natural is just the perfect setting powder. NARS Bronzer in Casino is the best bronzer and it is so pigmented so it looks awesome in photos. MAC's Studio Finish Conealer is THEEEE best concealer. It covers everything. Carmex... I can't use another lip balm. Carmex is just awesome. Rimmel eyebrow pencil is the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used. It has wax in it so it holds up my brows. MAC blacktrack fluidline is a great gel liner because it lasts all day (I wore this to the pool and it still stayed on). L'Oreal telescopic eyeliner is waaaay better than Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner. It is just as pigmented but waaaaaay cheaper. L'Oreal's Shocking Extensions mascara is new to the routine but it makes my eyelashes look sooooo good.
Try these products out! I love all of them and would highly recommend it. No complaints.
I seriously need to get out more so I can actually wear all of the clothes I have in my closet. I live in Washington D.C. and I think the fashion here is completely different than the style in California. Living in California, I was truly blessed. The weather is absolutely perfect so you could pretty much get away with wearing anything. I wore Michael Kors sandal heels in the middle of winter!
I really want to wear these leather shorts soon. Real soon. It's getting really really warm here and I couldn't imagine rockin these shorts in the Washington D.C. heat. Humidity is not my friend. LOL I'd literally be a hot mess. Still adjusting to this area and I've lived here for a year!
+ Brian Lichtenberg Feline Tee. Plays joke to the infamous brand Celine. Purchased at Revolve. I purchased this shirt an XS. I wanted it to be loose fitting but the site recommended I stick to your normal size. I think I still would have ordered a small. The XS is still loose but not as big as I wanted it to be. Made from 100% cotton so it will definitely shrink so be sure just to hang dry it. I love everything about this shirt.
+ Forever 21 Leather shorts. Size 4. (Get in a size up. Runs super small) Purchased at Forever 21
+ Zara Leather Sandals in size 6
Can't wait to wear this out. Just putting together outfits today and thought this was super cute for a night out to dinner. The Zara sandals seriously go with everything.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Wilfred Diderot Sweater in Heather Grey
Retails for $95
Can be purchased on www.aritzia.com or at Aritzia stores
First let me start by saying Aritzia has THE greatest customer service. When I used to live in San Jose, CA we had an Aritzia at Valley Fair and another one in San Francisco. The girls who worked there were always so nice to me. Now living in the Washington, D.C. area (*tear*), I live hundreds of miles away from an Aritzia store. I purchased the Wilfred Diderot Sweater in black a couple of years ago and I still wear it today. It is one of my favorite sweaters. I decided to get another one in a different color. Heather grey seemed like it would be perfect for Spring.
I was so surprised when I finally got my package. Aritzia put a lot of thought and detail in this order. I was so impressed with the box that it came in. My boyfriend probably thought I was going crazy over it. Everything about it was so pretty.
I love this sweater. You can wear it long or you can wear it short by turning it upside down. Cool, right? This sweater (regardless of the color) will always be a staple in my closet. I can seriously wear this with everything.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Zara Basics - Leather Sandal
Retails for $79 (no tax and free shipping *my favorite*)
I was looking for a pair of these shoes. This was the best one I have found. Steve Madden makes a similar one but this one was more "me." These are pretty pricey but it's a staple in your closet and you are sure to wear these years to come. I had always worn shoes with a platform because they are so comfortable. I'm not sure how these are going to work for me but I absolutely love how sleek these look.
These shoes go with everything. No joke. You can literally wear these shoes and totally transform the look. I can put together an outfit and automatically go to these shoes. It will work. I am so in love with them I can't even explain. I do admit there is one flaw. My toes are falling forward. Totally don't like that look at all. I purchased foot petals to put where the balls of the feet would be just so I'll stop slipping forward. Other than that, I love these shoes! You MUST get these just to have as a staple item in your closet.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
|MAC NC30/NC35 Foundation Matches|
|From Left to Right: L'Oreal True Match in W4/ Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in M54/ Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 5.0/ NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli/MUFE HD Foundation in N127/MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC30|
See swatch comparisons between MAC Studio Fix Fluid and NARS Sheer Glow [HERE]
My first liquid foundation I had ever used was MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC30. I was matched at a MAC store back in 2008 and this has been my shade ever since. Over the years, I have tried many different foundations from various brands. More recently, I have been obsessed with foundations and I have no idea why! I work in the medical field and I rarely get to wear a full face of make up. I usually just wear foundation when I go out to dinner or out with friends. Why do I have six different foundations? Simple...I'm curious.
1. L'Oreal True Match Foundation in W4 is a cheaper alternative. For about $10 you can get flawless looking skin. I heard so many great things about this foundation and I bought it last summer. This was THE only foundation I have ever tried from a drugstore. I was always so scared to try something from the drugstore because I was afraid I was going to break out. My skin is usually normal but there are certain products that will make my face blow up and look red. I apply this with my MAC 187 Brush and set it with either MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus or Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder in Medium Beige. The formula is very runny. There is not a pump so when I pour it out on the back of my hand, it runs! A little goes a long way.
2. Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in M54 ($34 at Sephora). I purchased this foundation in January hoping to wear this to a wedding. I just wanted to find another option for a photo friendly foundation. I used to ALWAYS use NARS Sheer Glow for pictures but I wanted to see what else was out there. Initially, I thought about purchasing the MUFE HD Foundation but I tried that one years ago and was matched to the wrong shade and HATED it. This foundation has a thicker formula than any of my other foundations. It's definitely full coverage. Good lasting power and makes my skin look perfect. I don't have many skin issues but one that bugs me are my dark circles! This foundation does not require concealer. It is thick enough to spot on troubled areas and you're good to go. I apply this foundation by spotting the foundation with my fingers on my face then I use my ELF Flat Top Powder Brush (Target $3) to buff and blend. My MAC 187 brush would not work because since the foundation has a thicker formula, it would pull out the hairs. I didn't end up wearing this foundation to the wedding but I do use it on dates with the bf. In the picture above, this foundation looks the lightest but actually this foundation oxidizes and the foundation darkens a little bit. Read my new review and see my swatches [here].
3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in 5.0 ($38 at Sephora). I decided to try this right when it came out last summer. I heard good things and wanted to see what the hype was all about. I like this foundation for the summer since it is so lightweight. It lasted through the hot and humid summer here in the Washington D.C. area. I tried wearing other foundations in the summer heat and my skin did not look good. This is a good foundation because it is so lightweight and I feel more comfortable wearing makeup. I don't think I would repurchase this foundation again since it is so expensive. I think that the L'Oreal True Match is a better alternative. Both are lightweight and applies the same. I apply this with my MAC 187. Urban Decay's Naked skin has No SPF! Perfect! Good for pictures.
4. NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli ($42 at Sephora). My mom and my sister purchased this for me on my 23rd birthday. For the past three years, I have loved this foundation. I went through three bottles in three years! I didn't wear this on a daily basis but I always went to this foundation for special occasions. No SPF! I love foundations without SPF for picture taking purposes. I will always continue to repurchase this foundation. Stromboli is a tad bit dark for me in the winter (Hence, all of my recent foundation purchases). So worth the money. Easy to apply, easy to blend, and lasts for hours. I apply this foundation with my MAC 187. See review and more pics [here] and [here]. UPDATE: I now use shade in Punjab. I still use Stromboli as well. Read my review [here]
5. Make Up Forever HD Foundation in N127 ($42 at Sephora). I recently became a Sephora VIB again and decided to use my 10% coupon for this foundation. I did purchase this foundation a loooong time ago and was matched to the wrong shade. I was matched for shade N123! Waaay to light. Returned it and never looked back...until yesterday. I went to Sephora with my boyfriend and he got it for me because I wanted to try it again. I was matched with shade N127 and this is the perfect match. I did eventually return it. I was so disappointed once again. It's definitely has a medium coverage. To build it up to full coverage is really not worth it. I feel like I'm using so much product just to get the same "look" that I get from NARS Sheer Glow. I really wished it worked for me.
6. MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC30 ($27 at MAC). My first liquid foundation EVER. My first love. I used this foundation for years. I started wearing liquid foundation two years after just wearing normal powder foundation. MAC Studio Fix Powder was the only makeup I was using back then so naturally, I tried their liquid foundation. This was recommended to me by the MAC MUA I always went to. He matched me to an NC30 in the liquid foundation and the powder foundation. He was spot on. This shade has been my go to shade and has worked for me for years. This foundation is medium to full coverage and has good lasting power. Low SPF so it can work for photos. All around a good foundation. I'll always have this in my makeup collection.
I always set my foundation with either MAC's MSF in Medium Plus or Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder in Medium Beige.
Do I have a favorite foundation? NARS Sheer Glow hands down! This foundation has never let me down.
I love foundations but I think I'll chill on buying anymore. Let's hope I get through ONE bottle before I purchase another. Somebody stop me.
Hope these shades work for you if you're a MAC NC30/35. And if you have the same skin tone as me, please share your foundation finds :)
Read about more foundation matches for foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear, Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous, and NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab.
*UPDATE* MARC JACOBS FOUNDATION QUICK REVIEW
Read my review at NARS' Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard (Good Match for NARS Stromboli and MAC NC30)
I've wanted these flats for so long! I've added it to my NORDSTROM shopping cart hundreds of times over the years. There was never a good time for me to splurge and spend $195 for a pair of black flats. I finally decided to stop lusting over them and just bought them. So glad I did! I absolutely love how these feel. Right when I put these on, I felt immediate comfort.
I purchased these online on www.Bloomingdales.com for $195.00. I purchased these in January and NOW they are $225! No joke! Why did they raise the price? I don't think I'll get another pair real soon. I chose the black with the gold emblem. The gold was more "me" and it'll match with my gold accessories.
I purchased these in a size 6. I normally wear a size 6. I've read reviews online and people said to buy a half a size up. I don't think is true. I highly recommended trying on the size you normally wear. It worked for me!
Yes, I finally purchased these but I have not worn them out of my apartment yet. Reason is.... IT'S SNOWING! First winter I've ever experienced with snow so I'm not wearing these shoes until the weather starts to clear. Crazy, right? Well, I don't want them to be ruined.
Perfect shoes for the simple person! I love the way they feel. I don't feel like I have to break them in. The back of the shoe looks intimidating. I used to work for Michael Kors, and he has similar flats. THOSE WERE INSTANTLY uncomfortable so I never bought them. These feel so soft and extremely comfortable. I highly recommend these flats.
Perfect pairing would be with my J.Crew Pixie Pants and a cute sweater.
So if you're like me and are questioning purchasing these shoes.... just do it!