Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation Review(Light-Medium)









I bought another foundation. I really don't know why I have such a great interest in face makeup. I rarely need to wear it but I just want to try new products. Anyyyywaaay.. I have never tried a product from Tarte. I had a coupon from Ulta so I decided to try this foundation. I usually gravitate towards a full coverage foundation. I like to cover the redness of my cheeks and essentially just have an even skin tone.

I decided to go with Light-Medium because I read it would be a good shade for me. I normally wear an NC30/35 in MAC. This shade matches me really well. I didn't think I would be in the "lighter" shades but I feel like it darkens. It does oxidize so it will change the color slightly darker than what it initially looks like once applied.

The consistency of this foundation is mousse-like. It reminds me so much of Revlon's Colorstay Whipped Foundation (I really DID NOT care for this foundation too much). It blends well but only when I apply it with my fingers. I used this initially with brushes but I always got a streaky look. Now, I just use my fingers because it blends the foundation much better.

I have been using this on and off for the past two weeks and I am on the fence about this. I like it but it doesn't last as long as my other foundations. It is full coverage but it does fade away after a few hours. I really don't have to use concealer when I use this but because it doesn't last long, I would say it might be a good idea to wear concealer. Particularly, it fades from my nose quickly.

After a few hours, I look at my face and I'm like "wtf!??!?!"... not really happy with this foundation.

I don't think I would repurchase this foundation since I have other foundations that I love so much (NARS Sheer Glow). I'll use it up but it's not worth it to me... so bummed I wasted my money on this...

I would recommend this foundation to those who have oily skin. I have dry skin so it doesn't work as well as others say.

<3lenein

1 comment:

  1. Every time we encounter failure and disappointments in life, we run to our friends first rather than to our parents maybe because we are more confident to tell everything to them.Our parent can also be our friend, but sometimes we distance ourselves to them because of fear which should not be in our mindset. Visit my site #n8fan. Thanks.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete