Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (Beauty Blender Alternative)

real Techniques miracle complexion sponge

I agree with its claims.

Flat area on sponge is great for foundation application.

Great material. Love the orange color!

Sponge size before running it under water.

Size after running water through it and squeezing it out.

Size comparison to the beauty blender when water was added.

I recently purchased the beauty blender from Sephora to use for my Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation and the beauty blender worked so well! (I wish the foundation actually worked out for me). When shopping online at Ulta, I noticed that Real Techniques came out with a complexion sponge similar to the beauty blender. It retails for $5.99 so I figured I'd try it. The beauty blender costs $19 at Sephora.

The sponge itself feels very similar to the beauty blender. The beauty blender, however, has a more "bouncy" feel. It is able to return back to position almost immediately. The real techniques sponge takes a few seconds to return back to position. This isn't such a big deal for me. I don't notice that the sponge absorbs too much of the product I'm using since I apply foundation to my face first.

I think this sponge is very comparable to the beauty blender. It applies multiple foundations on my face flawlessly. I have tried this with Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation, Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, NARS Sheer Glow, and Urban Decay's Naked Skin. It works great and I have not had any issues.

Cleaning on the other hand is more difficult than with the beauty blender. Even after cleaning it immediately after using it, I noticed that the sponge stained. The beauty blender pictured on the right has been used several times and it cleans up well. To clean both sponges, I use MAC's brush cleanser and run it under water. Afterwards, I'll follow up cleaning it by using my face wash. This combination helped clean the beauty blender but the real techniques sponge is forever stained. No big deal though. It's a sponge.

I highly recommend using this sponge for foundation use. I think it works great and it definitely worth the price. I find that it is comparable to the original beauty blender. I still love the beauty blender more BUT for $5.99 this is a great option!

Hope this helps.

<3lenein

No comments:

Post a Comment