Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NARS Pressed Powder in Beach






I wanted to try another NARS product to set my foundation. I have been using Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder but I feel like it gives me a white cast in photos so I wanted to try something better. I purchased this powder on Beauty.com when they were having their 20% F&F sale. This is NARS' Pressed Powder in the shade Beach. Beach is described as having deep yellow undertones for medium skin tones. This was the only shade that I felt was appropriate for my skin tone. The "deep yellow undertones" kind of scared me but this shade actually works out really well for me.

I tried this for the first time over Thanksgiving weekend. I wore this over my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Stromboli and my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. This was THE perfect NARS face combination.

This powder had good lasting power. I wore this from 2pm all the way until 2am. We spent one day in New York City and it lasted throughout the trip. When I got home at 2am, I did notice that the foundation started breaking up on my nose (typical me). For 10 hours though, it did last without touching up. I really do like this powder. It didn't keep the foundation from breaking up on my nose like how the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder works for me on a daily basis. This NARS powder, however, did not give me a white cast in photos.

I would probably use this powder for special events where I know pictures will be taken. On a day to day basis, I wouldn't use this because I don't think it controls my oily nose well. Otherwise, it is a really good powder. I would repurchase this in the future.

You can purchase it at Sephora or on Beauty.com.

<3lenein

No comments:

Post a Comment