Tuesday, December 3, 2013

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Damned






I am so obsessed with NARS lately. Beauty.com had a F&F 20% off sale and I knew I had to get something. I decided to get a few NARS items. You can buy it [here]. This lip pencil has been on my wish list for a while now. This is a nice deep berry shade. I like to wear it much darker than the swatch. It looks almost like a deep red when I layer this shade on my lips. Even though it is matte, it does not dry out my lips. This is rare for me to find since most lip products dry out my lips and make them peel. It literally feels like velvet on the lips so their name for this pencil is on point. It has great lasting power and very little transfers. This is so low maintenance to wear. I know that I like to wear darker lip shades but they are usually such high maintenance. Luckily, this one is so easy to wear and I don't have to worry about it getting everywhere.

The one thing that I don't like is that you have to sharpen it. I wish it was retractible. I had to buy a pencil sharpener because I honestly don't have anything to sharpen it with. The sharpener I use for my eyeliners would not be good even though there is a larger slot for larger pencils because the black sharpenings would get all over this lip pencil.



This NARS pencil sharpener was $6 from Sephora. I decided to get it on Sephora just to add something on to get free shipping. Plus I needed this sharpener because of this lip pencil. So far so good! I just wish the lid was more secure on it. I feel like it could easy fall off and get lost. 

NARS did an amazing job with this lip pencil and I would like to try more shades.

<3lenein

No comments:

Post a Comment