Saturday, January 11, 2014

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation Review

I chose the shade 842. It is the closest to my NC30 skintone.

This has a thick consistency.

This is definitely medium to full coverage.

I've been hearing how awesome this foundation is but I always stayed away because everyone says that it isn't good for those who have dry skin. I have dry skin and I can see why people say that. This foundation gives off a matte finish. With foundations that claim to be long-wearing, I tend to have bad luck with them because of my dry skin. Regardless, I decided to try this out for myself. Surprisingly enough, it is working out for me.

I've had this for about a week. I purchased mine at Target and chose the shade 842 medium beige. This shade seems like to closest match for my MAC NC30 skin tone (definitely NC30 and probably would be too light for an NC35). With reviews online, I was hesitant to buy it because people said it was really pink. To me, it doesn't look pink at all. It does apply lighter when I initially put it on. After a few minutes, I do notice that it does oxidize but not much. It still matched my skin tone well.

The application of this foundation was so tricky. I tried several brushes. I used my trusted ELF Flat top brush. Didn't work. I used my Real Techniques expert face brush. Didn't work. At this point, I was starting to give up on this foundation. Whenever the brushes failed to blend out this foundation, I always used my fingers. My fingers gave the foundation a great finish BUT how annoying would it be to apply this with my hands? I dislike the mess of using my fingers to apply foundation. Finally, I used my Original Beauty Blender. I don't know why I didn't use this first. The beauty blender or the Real Techniques miracle sponge is THE only product (other than my fingers) that applies this foundation so flawlessly. It was so easy to use and gave a beautiful even finish to my skin using this foundation. This foundation does not blend easily but the beauty blender saved me from returning it.

This foundation is definitely medium to full coverage. Concealer is NOT necessary but for me I still choose to wear concealer over my under eye circles. Not necessary but I just do anyway. One day, I forgot to put on concealer and I actually didn't mind. My skin looked great.

The formula sucks for blending with a brush BUT the finish looks amazing. This foundation is definitely long-wearing and does not rub off of my nose! I am excited about this because most foundations that claim to be long-wearing rubs off my nose and looks awful.

This foundation stays on for hours! I put on this foundation at 6:30 a.m. in the morning before work and by the end of the day (5pm), my face looks amazing. I also use this foundation at my other job at night and I'm literally running around everywhere. It stays on throughout the night and still looks great.

This foundation did not break me out at all. I really really love this product. All in all, I do love this foundation. Such a great purchase and I'm glad I tried it. I plan on wearing this foundation on days where I have a full day at school and then have to go to work. I want to get another one already as a backup just in case my shade is sold out in stores. This is a really good product. Thumbs up Covergirl!

Hope it worked out for you. I'd try it if you were questioning about getting it. It's one of my all time favorites.

<3lenein

10 comments:

  1. i have this foundation and love it as well. my skin is oily and i find the finish and blend-ability to be amazing unfortunately they dont have a good yellow enough match for my nc25 skin. recently covergirl relaunched their trublend foundation line and they have one call M4 that is really yellow toned. i got that one mixed it with Buff 825 of this foundation and BAM! my exact color match! now this foundation mixed with trublend is even more amazing and total HG love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard of the relaunch trublend foundation and I've seen it at stores. Haven't tried it out yet but I am definitely interested. Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  2. Hey ur blog was really helpfull im planning to buy this.im also nc30 in mac but thats a little darker for my actual skintone soo which shade do u recommend..should I go for 1 shade lighter than yours..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing an NC30 shade from MAC since 2008. This foundation shade (842) applies very light but then oxidizes after a few minutes. I'm not sure if it's my skin tone mixed with the foundation that makes it appear dark but it's a perfect shade for me. I would try a shade lighter if you think it looks dark. If you do try a shade lighter, try to find one that is more yellow toned since you are a MAC NC30. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Alright but the prob is im getting this online since i dont have covergirl in my country..im not soo sure about the shades.can u plz recommend any shade lighter than this one in yellow undertone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably 832 will be my guess. It's two shades lighter but I think 840 is too pink. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Hey! I am an NC 35 in Mac what color do you recommend for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not sure. 842 should be okay. It will come off light but should oxidize. I haven't tried any other shades.

      Delete
  5. I am mac's nc25. Which shade might be close to my skintone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 832 would be my guess but it's a complete guess. I am not a NC25 so I'm not sure. Good luck.

      Delete