Monday, January 13, 2014

Dior- Creme de Rose Lip Balm

Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm (Retails for $27)

I love the simple packaging. 



No color pay off so don't expect that. I wasn't expecting it but the color of the balm itself is beautiful.
After lusting over this lip balm for months, I finally bit the bullet and bought it. My hesitation was because of the cost. Also, I have very dry and cracked lips. I have used Carmex for many many many years. No other lip balm has ever worked for me from the drug store so I always used Carmex. After doing some online "research" (aka read online reviews), I knew I had to try it.

I purchased my Christian Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm from a Sephora store for $27 (~$28 with tax). Luckily my Sephora had a bunch in stock. I always check the Sephora website to make sure my local store has it in stock.

I couldn't wait until I got home to try it. When I got to my car I immediately tried it. From the first moment I put it on, I knew I would love it. The first thing I noticed, however, was the smell. I am not a fan of scented makeup products in general. This product smells like roses. The scent was kind of strong for my taste. I apply this product with my finger and apply an ample amount on my lips. I immediately noticed how soft my lips felt. The balm itself did not feel thick but my lips felt moisturized. I would normally put a lot of Carmex on because of how dry my lips were. I had cracks on the corners of my lips, which I absolutely hate. I could not believe how quickly this lip balm helped soothe the cracks.

After using this for a few days, I noticed that I got through a top layer of the product. Now the balm seems easier to get to. I do find that I need to clean my finger after application so I don't get it everywhere. I would say this is something that I would apply first thing in the morning and then again at night. Today, I went to my first clinical shift for the quarter. I applied the lip balm at 4:30 a.m. and did not reapply at all today. I didn't feel the need to reapply the lip balm until I got home at the end of the shift. I feel like it is a long wearing product.

I did not notice a plumping action from this lip balm but I did notice how smooth my lips appeared. I didn't notice any cracks on my lips whatsoever. I am absolutely impressed with this product. I would repurchase this again and again and again.

I hope you try it out! I really love this product.

<3lenein

No comments:

Post a Comment