Sunday, January 26, 2014

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder First Impression Review



I love the new packaging. I didn't really like the old swivel mirror but this new powder is awesome.




I was watching YouTube videos and was shocked to hear that my beloved Maybelline Dream Matte Powder was discontinued. A few months ago, I bought a back up. Little did I know that they were going to dc them. I absolutely loved that powder and it has been so dependable over the years. When I heard they replaced it with this Dream Wonder Powder, I knew I had to try it. Though I am really sad about the Dream Matte Powder, I actually really like the Dream Wonder Powder. The flashback in photos isn't that bad and is actually better than the Dream Matte. The powder feels lightweight and the color is very close to the Dream Matte Powder. The color actually seems to suit me better but appears a shade too dark but it actually works.

I wore it over my new foundation love (Estee Lauder Double Wear in 3W1 Tawny - blog post coming soon). The powder over the EL Double Wear looked really nice.

I don't have really oily skin but I notice throughout the day my nose will look a little oily. This powder controls it well just like the dream matte powder.

I applied this powder with the Real Techniques Powder Brush and it applied the powder evenly all over my face.

I am so excited about this powder. I went to Target today and picked it up for $7.99 [here]. It is more expensive than the Dream Matte Powder but no big deal. I like drugstore powders better than most high end powders anyway (other than my holy grail MAC Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus).

Hope you try this out! Let me know how you like it.


UPDATE (6/12):




I completed the powder! I was so sad when I hit pan a few months ago but it's nice to know I finished a product. It lasted about 4 months. I really like this powder. I chose the color Sandy Beige and it was a good match for my NC30 skin tone. I do want to try the shade in Nude just to see how it compares. All in all, this powder was really good. It kept my face matte and my foundation looked great throughout the day. It definitely helped keep my foundation looking fresh all day. I used it over all of my foundations and it worked well with all of them. Can't wait to get my hands on another one!


<3Lenein


No comments:

Post a Comment