Thursday, June 5, 2014

*NEW* Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner First Impression Review

Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner Retails for $24.

The packaging of the product is nice and not too bulky. Feels just like a pen.

Comes with this orange stopper but the directions say to discard it.

Rubbery angled tip. 

Twist bottom of the pen to dispense the product. It literally took me nearly 20 twists just to get this little bit out for the first time.

Horrible swatches. It bleeds on bare skin! I tried it over foundation and eye primer and it didn't bleed..JUST FYI.
After all of the hype this eyeliner got, I wanted to try it. It essentially is everything I ever wanted in an eyeliner. It's simple and easy to use. There isn't a brush that I constantly have to clean after every use. I knew I had to try this product.

After signing up on a list, I received an email from Benefit saying I could order it early. It retails for $24. I ordered it on Tuesday and got it Thursday (today). I immediately opened it up, took pictures and tried it. I was so excited!

First Impression: When I swatched it, I initially hated it. It looked really patchy and didn't look promising. When I first tried it (with no other makeup), I hated it. The formula looked horrible and it bled all over my skin. I was really worried.  It didn't look right and was not even. I felt like the line was jagged and it definitely did not appear smooth. So I figured I was just because I wasn't wearing foundation or anything. So in the next couple of days, I tried it with my full make up routine and I must say, I like it.

This eyeliner is nice and somewhat easy to use. I have to admit, it did take A LOT of practice. I have been wearing potted gel eyeliner for years and trying something new was hard for me. Now after a few uses, I have gotten used to it and really enjoy this eyeliner. It took me about 10 attempts to finally get the hang of it and I'm still practicing.

The swatches suck BUT it isn't meant to be swatched, it's meant to be worn. On the eye, it looks like my normal gel eyeliner.

When I first twisted up the pen, nothing came out. I did it slowly and I swear I twisted it up over 20+ times LOL. I thought mine was broken. When you finally get the initial twists out of the way, you only need to twist up one time to get a little product out, which is all you need! Seriously, don't twist more than once at a time or else it's going to get messy.

It is very long wearing! It doesn't budge once it dries. It lasts all day but I find that when I wear it, it flakes off. Not exactly sure why it flakes off because it doesn't consistently do it.  I do notice when I apply it, it can bunch up and the excess crumbles off.

When I tried to remove the eyeliner at the end of the day, it was such a challenge! I tried make up wipes (which I usually do) and it didn't do anything. What I used to remove it was my Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover ($10 at Target) and it removed it completely.

All in all, I like this eyeliner but it's definitely not my favorite. There are other great gel eyeliners out there that work much better. I find that it is overpriced, but that's how Benefit goes. It's a pretty cool product that I've never seen before. It makes putting on eyeliner simpler by taking one step out of my routine but I can't consistently get a nice precise line.

I would say try it if you can get a sample before you go out and buy it. Is it my favorite? I'm not sure. I don't think so. I like how black and matte it is but I'm not sure if it's easier to use than my potted gel eyeliner and a brush. I don't think I'll repurchase it after I complete it (if I finish it).

<3Lenein

p.s. I bought this with my own money.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm prob among the few who do not think this eyeliner is easy to apply. I like it texture coz Ive always been a gel liner girl but it is not really easy to apply as the gel part does not create precise lines. Once again, it's prob just me (who always use a brush with my 24/7 liners LOL). But yeah I like it texture and its longevity haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me many many many many many tries to like this eyeliner. I love a brush and a potted eyeliner myself and I prefer it over this. I just wanted to try it out because of all the hype. It's a good eyeliner but not the best.

      Delete