Thursday, July 10, 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Yeah, I bought three. I may have a slight sponge buying problem.

Meet the Miracle Sponge by Real Techniques. 

Interesting shape but it works well to apply any type of liquid foundation.

It expands. It really expands much larger than the Original Beauty Blender.
I originally purchased this sponge last year and have been in love with it ever since. I have a post on it already. Check it out [here]. It retails for $5.99 at Ulta and you can find it [here]. I always stop into to the actual Ulta store to find it but it's never in stock. This sponge is comparable to the Original Beauty Blender Sponge. That sponge is amazing but it costs $20. Real Techniques' Miracle Sponge is very comparable so I decided to stock up on a few of them.

Use: Soak it under water and squeeze out the excess water. Apply foundation directly on the sponge or on your face. Use the sponge in tapping motions to blend out the foundation.

This cuts the time I use to apply my liquid foundation, just like the Beauty Blender. One thing I will say that is different is that this sponge takes much longer to dry after using it. I recommend prepping the sponge by soaking it in water at least 15 minutes before applying make up. Also, squeeze out as much water in a towel or over the sink.

How to clean: I use the Original Beauty Blender Cleanser. Works great to remove all of the make up out of the sponge.

I purchased three because I rotate between my Beauty Blender Sponge, the Real Techniques Sponge, and the Marc Jacobs Face II brush to apply foundation. While the others are dirty, I use whatever clean product I have. Now that I have three sponges, I will have one available to use every day of the week. I clean the sponge before every use. I never reuse the sponge after I've already used it to apply foundation. I am a strong believer in keeping things clean. The company recommends washing it after every 2 uses but that grosses me out. If you've ever taken microbiology, you know what I mean.

I threw out my first one after 4 months of intermittent use. I knew it was time to throw it out because it started to fall apart into tiny pieces. Nothing drastic, but I noticed it wasn't as smooth anymore.

This sponge is amazing and I will continue to repurchase it in the future! Hope you try it out!

P.S. I still love my beauty blender but this one is just more affordable and works great.

<3Lenein



No comments:

Post a Comment