Saturday, August 23, 2014

Maybelline The Nudes Palette

Maybelline - The Nudes Palette ($9.99 at Target)

On the back of the palette, it gives you ideas on how to use the palette as a quad, trip, or a duo. 

12 eyeshadow shades with a mix of matte, sheen and shimmer

Swatched without a primer.

I really wanted to get the Naked 2 Basics palette last week but decided not to get it yet. While I was shopping at Target, the stumbled upon this eyeshadow palette for $9.99. I've been keeping my eye out for it since it was released but it was sold out wherever I was. 

I've heard mixed reviews on this palette but I still wanted to try it. I honestly wasn't really impressed with the swatches because it looked chalky and didn't really show up on my skin. There are a few shades that are opaque and some are not. 

This palette is great for the price but it isn't the best. I can create a similar look with this palette from my Naked palettes. The quality is definitely not up to par with the Naked palettes but it's great for the price. 

Would I recommend it? I would only recommend it for those who do not own a nude palette already or for those who are just starting out with eyeshadow application. If you have the original Naked palette or the Naked Basics, I would skip out on this one.

Hope this helps. 

<3Lenein

2 comments:

  1. I've been a fan of Maybelline eyeshadows but lately their formulation are less pigmented compare to before. That palette would be great for beginners definitely =D Thanks for the swatches and review! <3

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely for beginners and for $9.99 it's pretty good. Not the best, but good nonetheless.

      Delete